Hatherleigh Community Centre offers a Large Hall, well equipped Kitchen, large and small Meeting Rooms, a Fully Licensed Bar and reception area. In addition there is a Flood-Lit All Weather Astro Turf area marked out for netball and 5 a side football. The well tended lawns surrounding the Centre offer a riverside picnic area and an ideal space for wedding marquees. There is also a well equipped children’s play area.
With the additional benefit of an extensive car park, the Centre makes an ideal venue for all kinds of functions and activities, at reasonable and competitive rates
- Pull out seating for 158, including the balcony. Plus 79 extra chairs
- Standing room for approx 380 people with the stage in place
- Total building capacity 400
- Mobile stage
- Sound and lighting equipment - ideal for conferences and large events
- Tables (rectangular and circular) and banqueting chairs to accommodate 120 guests for weddings etc.
- Serving hatch and doorway into the Kitchen
- Badminton court
- Hearing Loop
- Dimensions Width 36 ft, Length 63 ft
- Hosts 45 theatre style seats
- Tables for Board Room style setup
- Audio link with Main Hall
- TV and flip charts
- Wall space for overhead projection
- Loop system for the hard of hearing
- Large Projector Screen
- Dimensions Width 16 ft, Length 25 ft
Small Meeting Room
Our smaller meeting room can host 10 people conference style and offers access to WiFi. It is also used as a small music practice room.
Dimensions Length 13 ft, Width 13ft
- Gas and electric cookers
- Microwave oven
- Quick wash dishwasher
- Large upright freezer (turned on by request)
- Large Fridge
- Carvery unit
- Warming oven/trolley with bain maries
- Recycling boxes
- Extractor fan
- Separate hand wash basin
- Wall to wall flooring and hygenic linings
- Everyday cutlery and crockery (cups, saucers, plates etc.) for approx 50
- Good quality crockery and cutlery for 120 for weddings etc
- Utensils available with prior notice
- Dimensions Width 18 ft, Length 25 ft
MUGA (Multi Use Games Area)
Our ALL WEATHER AREA is suitable for Netball, Football and Tennis. We also have floodlights for those dark winter evenings.
Rear Lawn Area
To the rear of the centre we have a lawn area suitable for weddings marquees, outdoor games etc.
Limited in use only by your imagination!!
Large Car Park
Built in 2006
We run our own bar available for use at any event if required.
Bonnie's Bar - so called as the land the Community Centre is built on used to belong to Bonnie Down, a local Hatherleigh farming character who used to farm sheep. It is still very much a family affair today as his daughter Jill looks after the Centre's accounts and her husband Kevin is the Caretaker. It is a fitting tribute to Bonnie and his family to have the bar named after him. Cheers Bonnie!